10 Year Limited Warranty
Limited Warranty for all aluminum products including bifold doors, French doors, multi slides, pocket doors, windows, entry doors, and interior aluminum products manufactured and/or sold by HDW Doors. HDW Doors manufactures product which conforms to the specifications provided by distributors to be installed and used by the original end users in residential or commercial applications. Subject to the restrictions and provisions provided herein. Products are warranted to be free of defects that would render said products unserviceable or unfit for ordinary, recommended use for a period of Ten (10) years from invoice date for products used in residential applications, and for a period of Five (5) years from the invoice date for products used in commercial applications. For the purposes of this Limited Warranty, Invoice Date means the date on the invoice provided by HDW Doors to the purchasing party of the product.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original user of the product and is not transferrable or assignable for any reason whatsoever. No distributor, dealer or representative has the authority to change or modify this Limited Warranty.
Installation is the sole responsibility of the distributor, user, contractor, or their representative. HDW Doors does not assume, and specifically negates, all responsibility and liability for work performed by any third party, including, but not limited to distributors, users, contractors, customers, and/or installers. Any warranty provided under this Limited Warranty is void if the product is manipulated or changed in any way other than received or as stated on the invoice.
If a product is subject to a valid warranty claim in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, HDW Doors will, at its sole and absolute discretion: (1) repair the product; (2) replace the product in the original condition supplied to the distributor. If HDW Doors elects to replace the product, the warranty of the replacement product shall be limited to the balance of the remaining warranty period for the original product. HDW Doors will not, under any circumstances pay for the cost of labor, installation, or finishing of a replacement of original product or for any other cost, expenses, fees, losses, harm, delays or incidental or consequential damages relating to the replacement of the product, all of which shall be the sole responsibility of the person making the warranty claim. If HDW Doors performs any on-site warranty work, claimant must provide safe access to the repair site, and claimant assumes all costs, coordination and liability for equipment required for worker’s access, safety, and wellbeing while work is performed. All defects must be reported within five (5) days of delivery of product, or the product shall be deemed acceptable and free from all defects.
After the 5 days, HDW Doors offers a one-time replacement of such defective hardware at no cost. However, shipping is the sole responsibility of the distributor, user, contractor, or their representative and you must return the defective hardware to HDW Doors at the designated address and in the designated box, with all accessories, parts and documentation included, within fourteen (14) days of receiving your replacement, hardware. You will be asked to provide a payment card number to HDW Doors when you initiate a warranty-based return. In the event you fail to return your defective HDW Doors hardware pursuant to the process and time frame specified by HDW Doors, HDW Doors will charge the card you provided when you initiated your warranty-based return. This is your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of this limited warranty.
It is the sole responsibility of the distributor, user, customer, contractor, installer, and/or finisher to fully inspect the HDW Doors for consistency between what was ordered and what was received, before removing/damaging any existing doors from the structure. If the HDW Doors does not meet the specifications of the order, it must not be installed. HDW Doors must be notified so the product can be returned to the factory for correction. Under no circumstances should HDW Doors that requires correction, be installed.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
The following shall not be considered defects and are not covered by this Limited Warranty
1. Products which have not been sealed on all five al surfaces (top, bottom, interior face and two edges) with three coats of exterior grade clear topcoat, or paint.
2. Improperly installed products, including, but not limited to, any product installed without a sill pan; structural integrity issues, improper sizing of header and movement or sagging of framing or header; flaws in building design or construction; slight expansion or contraction as a result of varying environmental conditions; alignment of meeting panels, panel movement or shrinkage of 1⁄4” or less; problems caused by warpage or deflection of the studs, header, or other elements of the opening where unit is installed, including the floor.
3. Products which have been installed in locations or conditions that are inaccessible or where it would be unsafe for work to be performed on the product on site.
4. The replacement of factory-supplied components or modifications to our design.
5. Damage because of improper adjustment or lack of adjustment per manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Improperly maintained products. Failure to perform normal homeowner’s maintenance as described in the document, care and handling Instructions for all HDW Doors products. In the event of a warranty claim, documented proof of regularly scheduled maintenance and cleaning may be required.
7. Products that have been altered after leaving HDW Doors possession.
8. Warpage in door panels up to 40” x 96” that does not exceed 1/4″. Door panels larger than 40” x 80” are not warranted for warp.
9. Units with electric operators installed after leaving HDW Doors possession.
10. Damage caused by others or by any circumstance beyond the control of HDW Doors, including but not limited to, damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling, corrosive fumes, condensates, or by fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, or other acts of nature.
11. Damage to any product installed in a residence used as a vacation rental, long-term lease, or any other non-owner-occupied purpose.
12. Attempts by persons other than authorized HDW Doors representatives to repair Products.
14. Finish failures, discoloration or corrosion of aluminum material or any other component, such as, without limitation, handle sets, hinges, sills, etc. because of pollution or other corrosive substances such as harsh cleaners/substances, coastal saltwater, sand, or acid rain allowed to build up on surfaces.
15. Water, wind, or airborne particle penetration on any inswing system, and/or any product without a standard HDW Doors high track and/or sill pan designed for that Product system and any supplied High Track which has been modified.
16. Normal wear and tear or changes in the color of hardware finishes (example: tarnishing of brass).
17. Scratches or defects of any kind on the surfaces of glass, unless reported and photographed at time of product delivery. Glass breakage occurring after Product has left HDW Doors possession, including spontaneous glass breakage.
18. Glass or frame with protective film still in place beyond a period of two (2) months.
19. Any glass supplied or installed by others.
20. Minor imperfections or occlusions in the glass that do not impede normal vision or performance of the product, per ASTM Glass Viewing Guidelines. Offset reflections in dual glaze glass, which is a normal condition per ASTM Glass Viewing Guidelines.
21. The appearance of heat or haze marks in tempered glass. To produce and strengthen tempered glass the manufacturer must place it under very high compression on the surface and high tension in the core. This process of strengthening may be visible as a slightly iridescent color which is normally not visible, but which may become apparent only under certain conditions of illumination. This in no way affects the performance of tempered glass and will not render the glass defective.
22. Installations in structures that do not allow for proper drainage of moisture.
23. Condensation or frost on exposed interior or exterior surfaces of the Product. Condensation or frost is not a defect in the Product.
24. Improper screen assembly, installation (including screens installed on the exterior side of the door or window system), and usage, damage as a result of environmental conditions such as wind, normal wear and tear, but not limited to exposure to sun, rain abrasion, heat and/or cold, exterior application, damage to or contamination of screen cloth and other screen components by rough handling, misuse, abuse, or neglect, damage caused by humans or pets, including accidentally running, walking or falling into screen, damage and/or contamination by dirt, dust, pet hair/fur, salt, sand, water or any other debris.
SCREENS ARE NOT INTENDED OR DESIGNED TO KEEP PETS OR CHILDREN SAFELY CONTAINED AND MUST NOT BE SO USED.
NOTICE AND EXCLUSIONS APPLICABLE TO SEACOAST or SALTWATER ENVIRONMENTS
The air, climate and condition in Seacoast or Saltwater Environments is corrosive and abrasive which causes significant damage to Products installed in such areas. Even with constant maintenance, Products installed in Seacoast or Saltwater Environments will likely deteriorate at a faster rate than products installed in other areas. If products are installed within a Seacoast or Saltwater Environment, the following additional conditions and exclusions apply:
A. Salt and other potentially abrasive/corrosive substances must not be permitted to build up on any surface of a product. All surfaces must be cleaned with a mild detergent soap and water once per month to keep surfaces free of such buildup.
B. Sand, dirt and other debris must not be allowed to build up on any surface or in any tracks or other recessed areas of the unit, including pockets as it will obstruct the free movement of hardware, causing damage and breakage. Sand is particularly damaging to tracks, rollers, weather stripping and other components on any door or window system and must be always kept out of such areas.
C. Hardware/handle sets/finishes and are not warranted in Seacoast or Saltwater Environments. It is to be expected that even if well maintained, hardware and handle sets in Seacoast or Saltwater Environments will have to be replaced (at homeowner’s expense) far more frequently than in other environments.
D. Any breaches in the exterior paint coating such as scratches, chips, or abraded areas must be repaired immediately. Under no circumstances can the metal substrate be left exposed to the elements.
E. Custom color aluminum paint finishes in a Seacoast or Saltwater Environment are warranted for one year.
F. Claims in Seacoast or Saltwater Environment as defined above must be made within thirty (30) days of the appearance of a defect. IF AN ORIGINAL USER HAS A WARRANTY CLAIM, the original User must immediately contact the dealer/rep from whom their product was purchased. The dealer/rep will provide HDW Doors with purchase and other information, so HDW Doors can access and review the complete order packet to process a claim quickly and accurately. DEALERS: Please submit warranty claims in writing, including the HDW Doors invoice number, within the temporal limitations provided by this Limited Warranty and prior to the beginning of any repair work to: HDWDOORS@GMAIL.COM. All warranty claims must detail the date and location of purchase, the nature of the problem, and the name, complete address and telephone number of the person making the claim. HDW Doors shall have a minimum of thirty (30) days to have any product that is the subject of a Limited Warranty claim field inspected by a HDW Doors Representative.
This Limited Warranty sets forth HDW Doors maximum liability for its aluminum products. No distributor, user, dealer, representative, or any other third party has the authority to change or modify this Limited Warranty in any manner whatsoever. Under no circumstances shall HDW Doors be responsible or liable for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damage.